Join us every Saturday for an English Conversation with friends from all over the world. You will meet native and non-native speakers to speak with. More than 100 members attend this event every week. We have seats for every member so you can have a relaxed conversation.
This is a friendly and comfortable place to practice and gain confidence to speak English.
FEE: $ 2 (with RSVP).
$10 (no RSVP).
Check our video here: https://youtu.be/9kQDO5qZutA
IMPORTANT: Please make sure you have your ID for this event.
✔️Australian Driving License.
❌ID issued overseas.
This event is not for dating or religion.
The nearest train station is Town Hall.
The hotel serves Alcohol, Soft Drinks and selected hot drinks (coffee and hot chocolate). They serve some great finger food as well.
After you come in:
1) Please pay the event fee and mark your attendance.
2) Buy a drink (this is compulsory).
3) Wait for an organiser to find you a seat.
4) The organiser will change seats from time to time.
6) Please read the Terms and Conditions (below) for more details. Most of it is common sense.
How to get in touch: Call or text:[masked] (PAUL) or send a message on meetup to the organisers.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
(1) This is not a Singles/Dating meetup. You should not attempt to exchange any personal contact information with other members. Please do not embarrass members by asking them for their Facebook or any contact information. If you are found breaching this condition you will be asked to leave and you won't be allowed to join future events.
The focus of this group is to improve English conversation. If you receive random unsolicited facebook (or other) friend request or messages from other members please report it to the organizer. Our aim is to make this event a safe place to practice English and gain confidence.
(2) All members must follow the organizer's directions as they are acting in the best interest of the whole group. Please come and inform the organizers if any member is impolite, rude, asking for Facebook, (any contact details) or acting in a way which is against the spirit of the group.
(3) You will be asked to change seats and move to different tables or new people will be moved to your table to give you the opportunity to speak with a variety of different people. Please do not to change seats by yourself. If you would like to change your seat, please let the Organizer's know. Note: You cannot choose where you would like to sit. People who come in groups or couples or friends will be assigned different tables. You could be seated anywhere in the hotel (upstairs or downstairs).
Our aim for each member is to talk to at least 5 people (these could be from any country including your own country). We try our best to introduce you to more people but that's the minimum we are trying to achieve.
(4) Every member is required to buy a drink to support the venue. The venue has been generous to let us organize these events every week. The hotel serves Alcohol, Soft Drinks and selected hot drinks (coffee and hot chocolate). They serve some great finger food as well.
(5) By RSVPing for this event (or any other event hosted under this group), you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
(6) To manage a large number of members in this group is difficult, please assist by supplying a clear face photo and full name on your profile. Members not displaying their full face photo could be removed from the group and may not be allowed to attend the event.
7) The minimum objective of our effort is for you to have an interaction with a minimum of 5 people. These 5 people could be from any background and of any gender. This is managed by the organisers and members have no say in this regard.
8) Seating: Due to a huge interest in our groups we have tables reserved in the hotel. These tables could be anywhere. You could be asked to move on any of these tables. As a member, you cannot choose your table.
9) Event fee: $2 (RSVP). The fee is $10 without RSVP.
10) This event is first come first serve basis. Seats are limited. We cannot guarantee you a seat.
- Towards the end of the event or at any time during the event if you are left alone at your table for any reason (e.g. sometimes members have to leave early for work) please let the Organizers know and they will accommodate you on a new table. Please do not move on your own.
- The organizers will take pictures during the event and these might be posted on the meetup group and our Facebook group. Please let the Organizer's know if you do not want to be in the pictures, for any reason.
- Your RVSP will be considered invalid (no RSVP) if your profile does not have a clear full face picture (this is for the organising team to decide).
By RSVPing for this event, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions. The detailed terms and conditions can be found on the link below:
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or suggestions.
- vincent 4 days ago