From Polyglot Club WIKI
How to upload an original photo on your page?
You are creating an article on the Polyglotclub WIKI and you want to add a picture in it. How to do this ?
Create your own image (do not copy from the web)[edit | edit source]
First, be aware that it is not allowed to simply copy images on the web without modification because of Copyright and Duplicate Content reasons.
Upload the image on the article[edit | edit source]
Once your image is created, you can add it on your wiki page.
Edit tab[edit | edit source]
- Click on the Edit tab.
- Click the button INSERT > MEDIA and follow the steps
Edit source tab[edit | edit source]
- Click on the Edit source tab.
- Click the button (small green arrow)
- Select the file from your computer
- Click the Upload this file link
- Add the image code in the page: click the Insert picture link
- Format the code if needed
Formatting your image[edit | edit source]
For example, if you have just uploaded an image with the following name : My_pic.png
Then, use the following codes (edit your page with the Edit Source button) :
So your page can be viewed with any device, it is best to use a width of 300px. If you are using a desktop device, it's small but, so far, mediawiki do not provide responsive design which automatically adapt images to all devices mobile or desktops.
- Image with a width of 300px:
- Image with a caption "your text":
- Image with a link:
- Image with a border:
- Thumbnail image:
Learn more about the wiki code syntax for images