Text from Vindrle - English
Abstract for dissertation (1)
- The purpose of this study is to analyze the possibility of improving the psychological state of the Evenks by restoring traditional rituals.
- In order to realize this analysis, the author chose the following rituals: bear ceremony (the Evenks of Aoluguya and the Evenks of Russia)， Ikenipke (the deer-chasing ceremony，which is symmetrical to the bear ceremony and belongs to the Evenki tribe of Russia)，the worship of the mountain god of Bainacha (Solon-Evenks), the worship of the Fox Saint (Solon-Evenks) and some shamanic rituals (these shamanic rituals exist in the western part of the Evenk Autonomous Banner and The Evenk Ethnic Sum, such as the rie of passage named Ominaren, etc.).
- In the analysis process, the author used a method, the essence of which is to use three theories in turn, namely Prop, Freud and Mary Douglas theoryes, conduct a specific analysis of each ritual (or group of rituals).
- In order for readers to understand the background of the origin and existence of rituals, each chapter of this research begins with a historical description of the specific Ewenks ethnic group.
- Next, the author will briefly describe the ceremony itself and explore how this ceremony (or the god participating in the ceremony) is reflected in the fairytale of the each ethnic group of Evenks.
- Then the author will analyze the related fairytales of this ceremony based on Prop’s theory.
- In this way, the functions (roles) of the participants in the ceremony and the meaning of the ceremony itself can be clarified.
- These functions are almost the same in different fairytales.
- The characteristic of these rituals and stories is that they all have the image of totem beasts, and the protagonist must master its power in some way to make himself an adult.
- Then the author will conduct a new analysis of the above results based on Freud’s theory， so as to clarify the psychological significance of the ceremony and the psychological roles assumed by the participants.The psychological purpose of the ceremony is to provide certain participants with the opportunity to transform psychologically to maturity.Young people should be liberated from the power of totems or sacred figures (which always contain the image of their parents).
- In this case, the plot of killing a bear or defeating the mountain god (the image of the father) is easy to understand, because this conflicts reflecting the process of young people overcoming the Edipus complex.The killing of the female deer and the struggle with the fox (the image of the mother) reflect the young man’s ambivalent attitude towards his mother-in-law.
- At this point, it is obvious that these stories and rituals were created under the cross-marriage system and the matrilineal social system.
- Vindrle3 weeks ago100% GOOD (1 votes)
PLEASE, HELP TO CORRECT EACH SENTENCE! - English