Hi Southern Betsimisaraka Malagasy learners! 😊
Are you ready to learn Southern Betsimisaraka Malagasy from scratch and reach the A1 level? If so, you're in the right place!
This course is designed to take you from beginner to A1 level through a comprehensive curriculum that covers the most important aspects of the language. In this course, you will not only learn the grammar and vocabulary of Southern Betsimisaraka Malagasy but also the culture, traditions, and customs of the people who speak it.
Here's an overview of what you will learn in this course:
- Greetings and Introductions: You will learn how to greet and say goodbye to people in Southern Betsimisaraka Malagasy, as well as how to introduce yourself and respond to introductions.
- Basic Sentence Structure: You will learn the basic sentence structure of Southern Betsimisaraka Malagasy by understanding the role of the subject and verb in a sentence, including negation and questions.
- Traditions and Customs: You will learn about the traditional beliefs, taboos (fady), celebrations, and festivals in Southern Betsimisaraka culture.
- Family and Relationships: You will learn the vocabulary for family members and how to talk about hobbies and interests in Southern Betsimisaraka Malagasy.
- Verb Conjugation: You will learn how to conjugate verbs in the present and past tenses in Southern Betsimisaraka Malagasy.
- Food and Drink: You will learn about the traditional dishes, ingredients, drinks, and beverages used in Southern Betsimisaraka cuisine.
- Numbers and Counting: You will learn how to count from 1 to 100 in Southern Betsimisaraka Malagasy using cardinal and ordinal numbers.
- Adjectives and Adverbs: You will learn how to use descriptive adjectives to describe people, places, and things, as well as adverbs of frequency and manner to describe actions and events.
- Traditional Clothing and Textiles: You will learn about the traditional fabric called lamba and the different ways it is worn in Southern Betsimisaraka culture, as well as the traditional art of basket weaving.
- Days of the Week and Months of the Year: You will learn the names of the days of the week and months of the year in Southern Betsimisaraka Malagasy.
- Prepositions and Pronouns: You will learn how to use prepositions of place to describe the location of objects and people, as well as the personal pronouns used in Southern Betsimisaraka Malagasy to refer to people and things.
- Art and Music: You will learn about the different traditional musical instruments used in Southern Betsimisaraka culture, as well as the different traditional visual arts and crafts.
- Weather and Climate: You will learn the vocabulary for describing different weather conditions as well as the names of the different seasons and climate zones in Southern Betsimisaraka Malagasy.
- Future Tense and Expressions: You will learn how to use the simple future tense in Southern Betsimisaraka Malagasy, as well as expressions of time to indicate when something will happen in the future.
- Beliefs and Religion: You will learn about the importance of ancestors and ancestral worship in Southern Betsimisaraka culture, as well as the different religious celebrations and festivals.
By the end of this course, you will have gained a solid foundation in Southern Betsimisaraka Malagasy and be able to communicate in a variety of everyday situations.
➡ If you have any questions, please ask them in the comments section below. 😎
Other Lessons[edit | edit source]
- Personal Pronouns
- Past Tense
- Present Tense
- Future Tense
- Conditional Mood
- Adverbs of Frequency and Manner