In Turkish culture, it's common to express compliments to show appreciation and admiration for someone's qualities or actions. Learning how to express compliments in Turkish can be a great way to connect with Turkish speakers and show your respect and admiration. In this lesson, we will explore some common Turkish phrases for expressing compliments. 😊 After mastering these compliments, you might also be interested in expanding your Turkish vocabulary by exploring other related topics such as Turkish Personalities, Nature in Turkish, and Turkish Clothing Terms. Enjoy your journey in discovering the beauty of the Turkish language! 🇹🇷
How to Express Compliments in Turkish[edit | edit source]
- Tebrikler - Congratulations This is a general expression of admiration that you can use to congratulate someone on their accomplishments or achievements. For example, if someone has just won a competition, you can say "Tebrikler!" to show your admiration.
- Harika - Great/Wonderful This is a positive expression that can be used to express admiration for something or someone. For example, if someone has just performed a great job, you can say "Harika!" to show your appreciation.
- Çok güzel - Very beautiful This expression is used to compliment someone's appearance or something that looks beautiful. For example, if you see a beautiful painting, you can say "Çok güzel!" to express your admiration.
- Müthiş - Awesome This is an expression used to describe something that is impressive or amazing. For example, if someone tells you about their incredible achievement, you can say "Müthiş!" to express your admiration.
- Çok başarılı - Very successful This expression is used to compliment someone on their success. For example, if someone has just achieved a major milestone, you can say "Çok başarılı!" to show your admiration.
- Bravo - Well done This expression is used to express appreciation for a job well done. For example, if someone has just finished a project or delivered a great presentation, you can say "Bravo!" to show your admiration.
- İnanılmaz - Unbelievable This expression is used to describe something that is incredible or unbelievable. For example, if someone tells you a remarkable story, you can say "İnanılmaz!" to show your admiration.
- Efsane - Legend This expression is used to describe someone who is amazing or extraordinary. For example, if you meet someone who has achieved a great deal, you can say "Efsane!" to show your admiration.
- Sevgiler - Love This expression is used to express love and affection for someone. For example, if you want to express your love and admiration for a family member or friend, you can say "Sevgiler!" to show your affection.
Vocabulary List[edit | edit source]
|ahr kah dash jahn luh suh
|bah jah jahn
|cheh kih jih
|ka dihr chih nahs
|roh mahn tihk
|sah mih mih
|seh veh jehn
|seh vihm lih
|tah puh lah suh
|yah kuh shuhk luh
Other Lessons[edit | edit source]
- Things in Turkish
- Free Time Activities
- Days of the Week
- Valentines Day
- Countries and Continents