Hi Slovak learners! 😊
Welcome to the Complete 0 to A1 Slovak Course! This course is designed for complete beginners who want to learn Slovak from scratch and reach the A1 level. Slovak is the official language of Slovakia and is also spoken by minorities in neighboring countries. Learning Slovak can help you connect with Slovak culture and people, and can also be useful if you plan to travel, work, or study in Slovakia or other countries where Slovak is spoken.
Throughout this course, you will learn the basics of Slovak grammar, vocabulary, and culture, and you will also practice your listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills. By the end of the course, you will be able to communicate in basic Slovak in different contexts, such as greetings and introductions, daily activities and routines, travel and transportation, and more. You will also have a better understanding of Slovak culture and society, including history, traditions, food, music, and art.
Here is a summary of the content covered in the course:
- Unit 1: Greetings and Introductions
- Greetings: Learn basic greetings in Slovak, such as ’dobrý deň’ and ’ahoj’.
- Introductions: Learn how to introduce yourself and ask someone else’s name in Slovak.
- Nationalities and Languages: Learn vocabulary related to nationalities and languages in Slovak.
- Unit 2: Nouns, Pronouns, and Verbs in the Present Tense
- Nouns and Pronouns: Learn the basics of Slovak nouns and pronouns, including gender and case.
- The Present Tense of Regular Verbs: Learn how to conjugate regular verbs in the present tense in Slovak.
- The Verbs 'To Be' and 'To Have': Learn how to use the verbs ’to be’ and ’to have’ in the present tense in Slovak.
- Basic Sentence Structure: Learn the basic sentence structure in Slovak, including word order and verb placement.
- Unit 3: Slovak Culture and Society
- Slovak History: Learn about the history of Slovakia, including important events and dates.
- Slovak Traditions and Customs: Learn about traditional Slovak customs, such as folk music and dance.
- Slovak Food and Drink: Learn about traditional Slovak dishes and drinks, such as halušky and slivovica.
- Unit 4: Daily Activities and Routine
- Daily Routine: Learn vocabulary related to daily activities and routines, such as getting up and going to bed.
- Free Time: Learn vocabulary related to free time activities, such as hobbies and sports.
- Chores and Errands: Learn vocabulary related to household chores and running errands, such as grocery shopping and doing laundry.
- Unit 5: Cases and Prepositions
- The Genitive Case: Learn how to use the genitive case in Slovak, including its different endings and when to use it.
- The Locative Case: Learn how to use the locative case in Slovak, including its different endings and when to use it.
- Prepositions: Learn how to use prepositions in Slovak, including their different forms and when to use them.
- Unit 6: Slovak Geography and Nature
- Regions of Slovakia: Learn about the different regions of Slovakia, including their geography and culture.
- Slovak Nature: Learn about the national parks, mountains, and other natural features of Slovakia.
- Slovak Folk Tales and Legends: Learn about traditional Slovak folk tales and legends, including the famous Štefánik’s Star.
- Unit 7: Travel and Transportation
- Transportation: Learn vocabulary related to transportation, such as taking a bus, train, or taxi.
- Travel and Accommodation: Learn vocabulary related to traveling and finding accommodations, such as booking a hotel or airfare.
- Directions: Learn vocabulary related to asking and giving directions in Slovak.
- Unit 8: Adjectives and Adverbs
- Adjectives: Learn how to use adjectives in Slovak, including their different endings and when to use them.
- Comparison of Adjectives and Adverbs: Learn how to form comparatives and superlatives of adjectives and adverbs in Slovak.
- The Imperfective and Perfective: Learn about the two aspects of Slovak verbs, the imperfective and perfective, and when to use them.
- Unit 9: Slovak Art and Music
- Slovak Art: Learn about Slovak art, including traditional and contemporary artists.
- Slovak Music: Learn about Slovak music, including traditional and contemporary musicians and genres.
- Slovak Film and Literature: Learn about Slovak film and literature, including famous writers and filmmakers.
- Unit 10: Time and Dates
- Telling Time: Learn how to tell time in Slovak, using both the 12-hour and 24-hour clock.
- Days of the Week and Months of the Year: Learn vocabulary related to the days of the week and months of the year in Slovak.
- Holidays and Celebrations: Learn vocabulary related to holidays and celebrations in Slovakia, such as Christmas and Easter.
We hope you enjoy this course and find it useful for your Slovak learning journey! 😁
➡ If you have any questions, please ask them in the comments section below. 😎
Other Lessons[edit | edit source]
- How to Use Have
- The Verbs 'To Be' and 'To Have'
- How to Use Be
- Future Tense
- The Imperfective and Perfective
- Comparison of Adjectives and Adverbs
- Give your Opinion
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Slovak as a Foreign Language A1 - online course 2022-2023
- Materials for Self-learning of Slovak Language - IOM Migration ...
- Letters i and y / Pronunciation and orthography / Grammar - slovake.eu