Hi Portuguese learners! 😊
Are you looking to learn Portuguese from scratch? Then you've come to the right place! This Complete 0 to A1 Portuguese Course is designed for students who are complete beginners in the language, taking them to the level of proficiency required for the A1 exam. By the end of this course, you will be able to understand and use common expressions, phrases, and vocabulary related to personal details, daily interactions, and basic communication needs. Let's dive into the course content!
Unit 1: Greetings and Basic Phrases
- Greetings: Learn how to greet people and introduce yourself.
- Basic Phrases: Learn basic Portuguese phrases for common situations like ordering food, asking for directions, or buying tickets.
Unit 2: Verbs - Present Tense
- Regular Verbs: Learn how to conjugate regular verbs in the present tense.
- Irregular Verbs: Learn how to conjugate some common irregular verbs in the present tense.
- Ser and Estar: Learn the difference between the verbs ’ser’ and ’estar’ and how to use them in sentences.
Unit 3: Family and Descriptions
- Family Members: Learn vocabulary to describe family members and their relationships.
- Physical Descriptions: Learn how to describe people’s appearances using adjectives and basic vocabulary words.
- Personality Descriptions: Learn how to describe people’s personalities using adjectives and basic vocabulary words.
Unit 4: Verbs - Future and Conditional Tenses
- Future Tense: Learn how to conjugate verbs in the future tense and use them in sentences.
- Conditional Tense: Learn how to conjugate verbs in the conditional tense and use them in sentences.
Unit 5: Portuguese-Speaking Countries and Cultures
- Brazil: Learn about Brazilian culture, customs, and traditions.
- Portugal: Learn about Portuguese culture, customs, and traditions.
- Cape Verde: Learn about Cape Verdean culture, customs, and traditions.
- Angola: Learn about Angolan culture, customs, and traditions.
Unit 6: Food and Drink
- Food: Learn vocabulary for different types of food and meals, and how to order food in Portuguese.
- Drink: Learn vocabulary for different types of beverages, and how to order drinks in Portuguese.
- Eating Customs: Learn about Portuguese eating customs and traditions.
Unit 7: Verbs - Past Tense
- Regular Verbs: Learn how to conjugate regular verbs in the past tense.
- Irregular Verbs: Learn how to conjugate some common irregular verbs in the past tense.
Unit 8: Travel and Transportation
- Air Travel: Learn vocabulary for air travel, and how to book a flight and check in at the airport in Portuguese.
- Ground Transportation: Learn vocabulary for different types of ground transportation, and how to navigate public transportation systems in Portuguese.
- Transportation Customs: Learn about Portuguese transportation customs and traditions.
Unit 9: Indefinite Pronouns and Prepositions
- Indefinite Pronouns: Learn how to use indefinite pronouns in Portuguese, and how they differ from definite articles.
- Prepositions: Learn how to use prepositions in Portuguese, and the different prepositions used to describe location, time, and direction.
Unit 10: Health and Emergencies
- Medical Vocabulary: Learn vocabulary for describing symptoms, and how to communicate with doctors and other medical professionals in Portuguese.
- Emergency Services: Learn about Portuguese emergency services, and how to report an emergency or seek help in a crisis.
By the end of this Complete 0 to A1 Portuguese Course, you will have covered all the essentials that a beginner needs to know in order to have full control over the Portuguese language. But knowledge alone isn't enough! You will also need to practice and reinforce what you've learned by speaking and listening to Portuguese as much as possible. That's why it's essential to supplement your study with additional resources, such as conversation classes, audio exercises, and engaging with native speakers.
We hope you'll enjoy learning Portuguese as much as we do!👍
➡ If you have any questions, please ask them in the comments section below. 😎
Other Lessons[edit | edit source]
- How to Use Be
- Conditional Mood
- Ser and Estar
- Conditional Tense
- Regular Verbs
- How to Use Have
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Numbers in Portuguese – Counting from 1 to 1000 and beyond ...
- The Ultimate Guide to Learning Brazilian Portuguese
- Portuguese Grammar for Beginners » Portuguesepedia