Japanese Culture: «Internet resources for learning Japanese»
From Polyglot Club WIKI
Free resources for learning Japanese. Those mentioned in Language/Multiple-languages/Culture/Internet-resources-for-polyglots are not to be listed again here.
- 1 https://www.tofugu.com/
- 2 https://words.marugotoweb.jp/
- 3 https://hirogaru-nihongo.jp/
- 4 http://houhou-srs.com/
- 5 https://github.com/blastrock/kakugo/
- 6 http://suiren.io/
- 7 https://jlptsensei.com/
- 8 https://www2.gwu.edu/~eall/vjgnew/vjghomepage/vjghome.htm
- 9 http://niai.mrahhal.net/similar
- 10 https://www.kangenius.com/web/index.html
- 11 https://www.polyglots.net/service/mondo/
- 12 https://kanji.koohii.com/
- 13 https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asji.kanjitree
- 14 https://thekanjimap.com/index.html
- 15 https://minosvasilias.github.io/kanjigrid/
- 16 http://www.japanesenumberconverter.com/
- 17 http://www.gavo.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/ojad/
- 18 http://accent.u-biq.org/english.html
- 19 https://reajer.weebly.com/
- 20 https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/easy/
- 21 https://manga-sensei.com/
- 22 http://yourei.jp/
- 23 http://www.tangoristo.com/
- 24 https://tenjinreader.com/
- 25 https://github.com/kuanyui/Furiganaize
- 26 https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/furiganaize
- 27 https://the-tab-of-words.keipixel.com/
- 28 https://www.japanesewithanime.com/2017/01/jisho-kioku-extension.html
- 29 https://www.tanos.jp/
- 30 https://www.manythings.org/japanese/signs/
- 31 https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/
- 32 https://myanimelist.net/
- 33 https://vndb.org/
- 34 https://xupefei.github.io/Locale-Emulator/
- 35 https://legendsoflocalization.com/
Helpful blog with pleasant design.
Memorise basic words through pictures and articles, also some videos with subtitles.
Software for learning. It is open-source.
Kana, Kanji and vocabulary. It is open-source.
Learn related words in chains.
A place to learn grammar.
Dictionary for similar words.
A little game for memorising Kanji.
I asked the creator why it require so many coins to unlock all characters that when you have such a number you have already unlocked them all, and I got the response: it requires real money.
App for reading articles. Some have translations, some have recordings.
For memorising Kanji.
For Kanji drilling.
Map of Kanji.
Grid of Kanji.
Reading of number.
Accent dictionary, including vocabulary in textbooks.
Lists of pitch accents.
Readings in different levels.
NHK news for learners of Japanese.
This looks casual. Some comic and something else.
I always feel that its title is incomplete.
For reading. Its furigana is sometimes wrong.
Reader. Its source code is available, but it is unlicensed.
Browser add-on for adding furigana.
Add-on for adding furigana for Firefox.
Add-on for seeing a word when opening a new tab.
Add-on for Jisho.org, adding a few features.
Practice of reading signs.
News about anime, manga, novels and games.
Database of anime, manga and some novels (in “Manga” section). There is another one which is completed as well but not so popular: AniDB.
Database of visual novels.
Change locale (for playing non-Unicode programs).
A serious look at localization.
There is no wonder that there are so many mistakes in localization considering Japan's EF EPI rank. There is also no wonder that there are so many mistakes in localization considering the Japanese level of developers from other countries.