We are returning to an in-person events. Unfortunately it has been discontinued for sometime due to COVID-19. But now, we are getting back on track.
HOW IT WORKS : We will try to assign tables for each represented languages and we will assign attendees accordingly. All languages are welcome! However we don't guarantee the availability of a partner in that particular language, you would like to exchange. Space is limited and advance ticket purchase is required.
As per DC Government guidelines, this is a sit down dinning event. Maximum of six people will be seated per table.
Due to the pandemic, we are down-sizing and caping number of attendees and we have super limited spots. Reserve your spot ASAP.
As we all know, the bars and restaurant industry is the most affected by this pandemic and we would like to contribute our share and help out the industry. Portion of the fund will go to that purpose. Also, be generous to bartenders.
Rules to abide :
1. Event is 21+ (bring ID).
2. Be respectful to your counterparts and give them a chance to exchange with others as well.
3. We all are native speakers of one or two languages and be willing to help others and try to accommodate as much as possible.
4. If you don't speak the other person's required language, LEAVE THEM ALONE.
5. Rude or aggressive members are removed from the group at an organizers discretion.
6. This is a face-to-face language exchange event. DO NOT try to arrange an online meeting, by using the comment box or direct message.
7. Most of our members complained about people writing in the comment box. Since it sends notification to all attendees. If you have any questions, send a message to the organizers. Don't write in the comment box.
8. We have ZERO TOLERANCE for solicitation. We don't allow anyone to run their own agenda at the Event. If you are interested to promote/sponsor/collaborate; contact us via ([masked]).
9. When you get there, we greet you and take you to your respective group.
10. Don't be shy of your local languages. We have diplomates assigned to different countries, who would love to practice your languages.
Due to the pandemic the entire set up of this event is changed:
- We will be complying with all CDC, state, and local guidelines.
- Occupancy never exceeds 50%.
- Temperature check for staff and patrons.
- All patrons must wear masks. If you don't wear a mask, we don't allow you to enter and you won't be refunded.
- A thorough cleaning and disinfection of frequently contacted surfaces will be done during the event and please bear with us.
- DOUBLE MASK IS THE NEW MASK! THE VIRUS IS STILL AROUND, WITH DIFFERENT VARIANTS AND LET US NOT LOWER DOWN OUR SHIELDS. EVEN THOUGH, WE ARE VACCINATED.
METRO & PAKING INFO
The closest metro station is Navy Yard.
Street Parking might be a challenge and the event involves drinking. We highly recommend a shared ride or taxi service. DRINK RESPONSIBLY.
- vincent2 weeks ago