Join us to learn Thai and practice your English. All levels are welcome. We divide into groups based on ability and spend half our time working in Thai and the other half in English.
This meetup meets every Sunday from 4-6 pm at Lumpini Park, Bangkok. If it rains, we will may move to another location. Check the discussion for details.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where do we meet?
- Outside Silom MRT station, exit 1 at 4pm. Please be on time, as directing people to the meet up spot inside the park can be tricky and disruptive to the lessons.
2. What should I bring?
- Mask. Paper and a pen, if you want to take notes. A bottle of water because we are outside, maybe insect repellent.
3. Is there a cost?
4. I'm a beginner. Can I join?
- Yes. Everyone is welcome. We divide into groups based on ability. We have every level from "just arrived" beginner to "Let me practice my conversation" advanced.
5. What do you talk about?
- The topics/vocab we discuss are based on what people are interested in learning. We don't use any books or curriculum. We are just learning things that interest us or we want to learn more about. Sometimes we may talk more about culture, sometimes we may focus on grammar or specific vocab. If there is something you are interested in learning, please bring your idea to the meet up.
6. Who teaches the lessons?
- We do. The Thai speakers very kindly share their knowledge with the English speakers and the English speakers return the favor. Some of us are teachers, but not everybody. We are all just people sharing our languages with each other.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.
• Line Square: Join Learn Thai BKK
• We usually wait 10 minutes at the meet up spot before heading into the park. Please try to be on time, as latecomers can be disruptive to the lessons. Thanks!
- vincent2 weeks ago